What to serve with eggplant parm is a question that plagues many people.
This divine dish can be so delicious, but sometimes people feel lost when it comes to what kind of side dish to serve.
There are so many delicious sides out there that pair perfectly with eggplant Parmesan.
From roasted Brussels sprouts to skillet potatoes, we have compiled a list of 15 side dishes that you should definitely try.
From savory to sweet, we have something for everyone on this list.
So whether you’re looking for a delicious and filling side dish or just something different to try, we hope you’ll give these dishes a try.
What to Serve with Eggplant Parmesan? 15 Side Dishes Worth Giving a Try
1. Antipaso Salad with Italian Vinaigrette
Looking for a unique and flavorful salad to serve with your eggplant parmesan? Then you’ve got to try this antipasto salad.
It’s packed with all of your favorite Italian flavors, from the vinaigrette to the salami and cheese.
Plus, it’s easy to make and can be served either as a side dish or a main course.
The best part about this salad is that it’s so versatile.
You can easily customize it to your liking by adding or subtracting ingredients.
For example, if you’re not a fan of salami, you can leave it out.
Or, if you want to add some more color and texture, feel free to throw in some chopped bell peppers or olives.
To make the salad, start by whisking together the vinaigrette ingredients: olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Then, in a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients: greens, salami, mozzarella cheese, cherry tomatoes, and red onions.
Toss everything together with the vinaigrette until evenly coated.
Serve immediately or store in the fridge for later.
2. Peach Arugula Salad
This peach arugula salad is a great recipe to try if you’re looking for something light and healthy.
The salad is packed with flavor, thanks to the addition of fresh peaches, goat cheese, and a balsamic vinaigrette.
The dish is also relatively easy to make, so it’s perfect for a weeknight dinner.
One of the best things about this salad is the contrast in flavors.
The sweetness of the peaches pairs perfectly with the bitterness of the arugula, while the goat cheese adds a creamy richness.
The balsamic vinaigrette ties everything together and gives the salad a bit of acidity.
If you’re making this salad for dinner, I recommend adding some grilled chicken or shrimp.
The protein will help fill you up and make the meal more satisfying.
And if you’re short on time, you can always use pre-washed and bagged arugula.
3. Lemon Orzo Chickpea Salad
This Lemon Orzo Chickpea Salad is the perfect light and refreshing dish to add to your summertime menu.
It’s packed with healthy ingredients like orzo pasta, chickpeas, fresh vegetables, and a zesty lemon dressing.
The best part about this salad is that it can be served as a main course or side dish.
If you’re looking for a flavor-packed salad that is sure to please everyone at the table, this Lemon Orzo Chickpea Salad is it.
The orzo pasta and chickpeas are both excellent sources of protein, while the fresh vegetables provide a crunchy contrast.
The lemon dressing ties everything together and gives the salad a bright and refreshing flavor.
To make this salad, simply cook the orzo according to the package directions.
Once it is cooked, add in the chickpeas, diced tomatoes, chopped cucumber, and crumbled feta cheese.
For the dressing, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the salad and stir everything together until coated.
Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for later.
4. Spinach Feta Salad
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy side dish to serve with your eggplant parmesan, look no further than this spinach feta salad.
This salad is packed with nutrients and flavor, and it’s easy to make.
Plus, it’s a great way to get your greens in.
The star ingredients in this salad are, of course, spinach and feta.
The spinach provides a nutrient-rich base, while the feta adds a salty and tangy flavor.
I also like to add in some chopped red onion for sweetness and crunch.
And for a final touch of flavor, I like to add a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
This salad is so simple to make, and it’s always a hit with my family and friends.
If you’re looking for an impressive yet easy side dish to serve with your next meal, give this spinach feta salad a try.
5. Roasted Brussels Sprouts
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy side dish to serve with your eggplant parmesan, look no further than roasted Brussels sprouts.
These little green gems are packed with nutrients and are absolutely delicious when roasted to perfection.
Brussels sprouts are a great source of vitamins C and K, as well as fiber and protein.
Roasting them brings out their natural sweetness and makes them nice and crispy.
This recipe is super easy to make and only requires a few ingredients.
To roast your Brussels sprouts, simply toss them in olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Then bake at 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.
Be sure to check on them towards the end of cooking, so they don’t get too charred.
6. Zucchini Parmesan Chips
Zucchini Parmesan chips are a delicious, healthy alternative to traditional potato chips.
They are made by thinly slicing zucchini and then baking it in the oven with a Parmesan cheese coating.
The result is a crispy, cheesy snack that is perfect for satisfying your cravings.
Zucchini Parmesan chips have a wonderful taste and texture that will leave you feeling satisfied.
They are also relatively easy to make, so you can enjoy them anytime.
Here are some tips on making perfect Zucchini Parmesan chips:
- Start with fresh, firm zucchini. If they are too ripe, they will be mushy when baked. If they are not ripe enough, they will be difficult to slice thinly.
- Use a sharp knife or mandoline to slice the zucchini very thinly. This will help them crisp up in the oven.
- Be generous with the Parmesan cheese. It will create a delicious, cheesy flavor that pairs perfectly with the zucchini.
- Bake the chips at a high temperature until they are golden brown and crispy. This usually takes about 15-20 minutes.
- Enjoy your homemade Zucchini Parmesan chips immediately. They are best when eaten fresh out of the oven.
7. Cheesy Garlic Bread
If you’re looking for a delicious side dish to accompany your eggplant parmesan, look no further than this recipe for cheesy garlic bread.
This dish is packed with flavor and is sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
One of the best things about this recipe is that it is so easy to make.
You won’t have to spend hours in the kitchen preparing this dish.
Simply pop it in the oven and let it bake while you focus on making the eggplant parmesan.
When it comes to taste, this dish is absolutely amazing.
The garlic and cheese come together perfectly to create a delicious flavor that will have everyone coming back for seconds.
And if you’re looking for a little extra kick, you can always add some red pepper flakes to the mix.
To ensure that your garlic bread turns out perfectly, be sure to follow these tips:
- Use freshly grated cheese for the best flavor.
- If you don’t have any fresh garlic on hand, you can use garlic powder instead. Just be sure to use less than what the recipe calls for.
- Bake the bread until it is nice and golden brown. This will ensure that the cheese is melted and bubbly.
8. Homemade Dinner Rolls
There’s nothing quite like the smell of fresh, homemade bread wafting through the house.
And when those bread rolls are still warm from the oven, it’s hard to resist grabbing one (or two) and slathering on some butter.
This recipe for homemade dinner rolls is so simple and straightforward that you’ll be surprised at how easy it is to make your own bread.
Not only is this a great recipe to have in your repertoire, but these rolls are also incredibly versatile.
Serve them with soup or stew, as a side for roasted meats or vegetables, or simply on their own as a snack.
They’re light and fluffy with a subtle hint of sweetness, and they freeze well too.
So if you find yourself with leftovers (not that they’ll last long), you can pop them in the freezer for another time.
Making your own bread might seem like a daunting task, but it’s actually quite easy.
And once you try these homemade dinner rolls, you’ll never go back to store-bought again.
9. Broccoli Slaw
If you’re looking for a new side dish to try, broccoli slaw is a great option.
This dish is full of flavor and has a great texture that pairs well with eggplant parmesan.
The best part about broccoli slaw is that it’s relatively easy to make.
Here are some tips on how to make the perfect broccoli slaw:
- Start by shredding the broccoli into thin strips. You can do this with a knife or a food processor.
- Add in any other desired ingredients, such as shredded carrots, red cabbage, green onions, etc.
- For the dressing, mix together mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, and salt to taste. Be sure to whisk the dressing until it is smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the broccoli slaw and mix everything together until coated.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving so that the flavors can meld together.
10. Grilled Zucchini
Looking for a delicious and healthy recipe to try this summer? Look no further than grilled zucchini.
Zucchini is a type of summer squash that is low in calories and packed with nutrients, making it a great choice for a healthy meal.
Plus, grilling zucchini gives it a wonderful smoky flavor that is perfect for summertime cooking.
Follow these steps and tips for the perfect dish:
- Choose zucchini that are about 6 inches long and 2 inches in diameter. Larger zucchini can be difficult to grill evenly.
- Slice the zucchini into rounds or lengthwise strips. Thick slices will take longer to cook through.
- If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling to prevent them from burning.
- Brush the zucchini with olive oil or another type of cooking oil. This will help to prevent sticking and ensure even cooking.
- Season the zucchini with salt, pepper, and any other herbs or spices you like.
- Grill over medium heat for 5-7 minutes per side, or until tender and slightly browned.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce or as part of a larger meal.
11. Rosemary Ricotta Corn
If you’re looking for a delicious side dish to serve with your eggplant parmesan, look no further than rosemary ricotta corn.
This dish is packed with flavor and is sure to be a hit with your guests.
The best part about it is that it’s relatively easy to make.
Rosemary ricotta corn is a great recipe to try because it is packed with flavor.
The ricotta cheese gives the dish a creamy texture, while the corn and rosemary add a nice depth of flavor.
This dish is also relatively easy to make.
Simply cook the corn in a pan with some olive oil and garlic, then stir in the ricotta cheese and rosemary.
You can even make this dish ahead of time and reheat it when you’re ready to serve.
12. Chicken Pesto Spaghetti Squash
If you’re looking for a new and exciting recipe to try, look no further than chicken pesto spaghetti squash.
This dish is not only healthy and flavorful, but it’s also incredibly easy to make.
The best part about chicken pesto spaghetti squash is that it’s so versatile.
You can easily add or omit any ingredients to suit your taste.
If you’re not a fan of chicken, feel free to leave it out.
Or, if you want a little extra protein, you could add some grilled shrimp or diced tofu.
The possibilities are endless.
When it comes to pesto, you can either use store-bought or homemade.
If you’re feeling ambitious, you could even make your own basil pesto from scratch.
However, if you’re short on time, there’s nothing wrong with using jarred pesto.
Regardless of which route you choose, this dish is sure to be a hit.
Here are a few tips to make the perfect chicken pesto spaghetti squash:
- Be sure to cook the spaghetti squash properly before adding the other ingredients. Otherwise, your dish will be watery and bland.
- If using store-bought pesto, add it sparingly at first. You can always add more, but you can’t take it away once it’s been added.
- Don’t be afraid to get creative with your toppings. Some great ideas include diced tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, or shaved Parmesan cheese.
13. Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy side dish to make, look no further than prosciutto-wrapped asparagus.
This dish is not only tasty, but it’s also pretty healthy too.
Asparagus is a great source of vitamins and minerals, and prosciutto is a leaner alternative to other types of pork.
When it comes to the flavor of this dish, the asparagus really shines through.
The prosciutto provides a nice salty contrast that brings out the natural sweetness of the asparagus.
This dish is also super easy to make.
Simply wrap each piece of asparagus with a slice of prosciutto and bake in the oven until crispy.
Here are a few tips to help you make the perfect prosciutto-wrapped asparagus:
- Be sure to use thin slices of prosciutto so that they cook evenly with the asparagus.
- If your asparagus is on the thicker side, you may want to pre-cook it slightly before wrapping it in prosciutto. This will help ensure that both the asparagus and prosciutto are cooked through.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with different herbs and spices. A little rosemary or thyme would be a nice addition to this dish.
14. Mozzarella Penne Rosa Pasta
This Mozzarella Penne Rosa Pasta is the perfect dish to try if you’re looking for something new and tasty.
The combination of mozzarella cheese and pink sauce is absolutely delicious, and the pasta itself is cooked to perfection.
Trust us; this dish is worth giving a try.
One of the best things about this Mozzarella Penne Rosa Pasta is the flavor.
The mozzarella cheese gives the dish a fantastic richness, while the pink sauce adds a lovely sweetness to it.
The pasta itself is cooked al dente perfectly, making it the perfect base for this delicious dish.
If you’re interested in trying this Mozzarella Penne Rosa Pasta, we definitely recommend following the tips below.
First, be sure to use high-quality mozzarella cheese for the best flavor.
Second, cook the pasta just until it’s al dente – overcooking it will make it mushy and not as enjoyable to eat.
Finally, don’t forget to add a good amount of pink sauce – it really makes the dish.
15. Creamy Gnocchi with Sausage
This creamy gnocchi with sausage dish is the perfect comfort food.
The gnocchi is nice and soft, while the sausage adds a bit of spice.
The dish is also very easy to make.
Simply cook the gnocchi and sausage in a pan with some olive oil.
Then add a jar of tomato sauce and let it all simmer together until the gnocchi is cooked through.
You can top it with some grated cheese and serve.
This dish is great for a weeknight meal because it is so quick and easy to make.
Plus, it’s a one-pot meal so there’s minimal cleanup afterward.
The tomato sauce adds a delicious flavor to the dish, while the grated cheese gives it a nice creamy texture.
If you want, you can also add some chopped parsley or basil for extra flavor.
To make this dish even more flavorful, you can use hot Italian sausage instead of regular sausage.
And if you’re looking for a vegetarian option, you can substitute the sausage with mushrooms.
Just sauté them in the pan before adding the tomato sauce.
So there you have it, 15 amazing side dishes that go great with eggplant parmesan.
I hope this blog post was helpful and that you’ll give some of these recipes a try.
Be sure to let us know which ones are your favorites.
- 1. Antipaso Salad with Italian Vinaigrette
- 2. Peach Arugula Salad
- 3. Lemon Orzo Chickpea Salad
- 4. Spinach Feta Salad
- 5. Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 6. Zucchini Parmesan Chips
- 7. Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 8. Homemade Dinner Rolls
- 9. Broccoli Slaw
- 10. Grilled Zucchini
- 11. Rosemary Ricotta Corn
- 12. Chicken Pesto Spaghetti Squash
- 13. Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- 14. Mozzarella Penne Rosa Pasta
- 15. Creamy Gnocchi with Sausage
- Select your favorite sides from the list above.
- Prepare the side dish according to the recipe instructions.
- If you're short on time, some of these can be made ahead of time and reheated before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!