As any health-conscious individual knows, pork chops can be a great source of protein.
They are also relatively lean, making them a healthier choice than some other cuts of pork.
However, pork chops can also be dry and bland if they are not cooked properly.
That’s why it’s important to choose recipes that will help to keep the pork chops moist and flavorful.
If you are looking for healthy pork chop recipes that you can use in your next dinner party or for your family’s weekly meal, you are in the right place.
In this article, we will provide you with a variety of healthy pork chop recipes that will not only nourish your body but also taste great.
From grilled pork chops with a simple peach salsa to baked pork chops with apple, there is something for everyone.
Not to mention, these recipes are all very simple to follow and can be prepared in just a few minutes.
So why wait? Dig into some of our healthier pork chop recipes today.
10 Healthy Pork Chop Recipes for Weeknight Dinners
1. Grilled Pork Chops with Peach Salsa
Grilled Pork Chops with Peach Salsa: This is a great recipe to try if you’re looking for something new and exciting to grill this summer.
The pork chops are full of flavor, and the peach salsa gives them a nice sweetness that is perfect for a summer BBQ.
The key to making this dish is to make sure that your pork chops are nicely seasoned.
I like to use a simple spice rub of salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Then I let them sit in the fridge for at least an hour so that the flavors can really meld together.
When it comes time to grill, I like to put the pork chops on a medium-hot grill.
You don’t want the heat too high, or else they’ll cook too fast on the outside and be raw in the middle.
Grill for about 8 minutes per side or until they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
Serve the grilled pork chops with peach salsa on top, and enjoy.
2. Baked Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
This is a delicious and easy recipe for pork chops that are baked with a Parmesan cheese crust.
The pork chops are first coated in a mixture of egg and milk, then dredged in a mixture of Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, and Italian seasoning.
They are then baked until golden brown and cooked through.
The Parmesan cheese crust adds so much flavor to the pork chops and makes them extra crispy.
This is such an easy recipe to make and only requires a few simple ingredients.
The pork chops can be served with a variety of sides, such as roasted vegetables or mashed potatoes.
Here are some tips for making this recipe:
- Be sure to use thin-cut pork chops so that they cook through evenly.
- If you don’t have Italian seasoning, you can substitute it with dried oregano, basil, and thyme.
- The pork chops can also be pan-fried instead of baked if preferred.
3. Herb Roasted Pork Chops
Herb-roasted pork chops are the perfect dish for a winter night.
They are full of flavor and very easy to make.
The best part about this recipe is that it only takes a few minutes to prepare, and then you can let the oven do the rest of the work.
This dish is packed with flavor thanks to the herbs that are used to roast the pork chops.
I recommend using thyme, rosemary, and sage, as they all go really well together.
If you can’t find fresh herbs, then you can use dried ones instead.
Just make sure to reduce the amount that you use by half.
The key to making this dish taste amazing is to cook the pork chops until they are just slightly pink in the center.
This will ensure that they are juicy and full of flavor.
I also recommend using bone-in pork chops as they tend to be more flavorful than boneless ones.
If you follow these tips, then you will end up with the most delicious herb-roasted pork chops that you have ever tasted.
4. Honey Mustard Glazed Pork Chops
Looking for a delicious and easy recipe to try out this week? Why not give honey mustard glazed pork chops a try? This dish is packed with flavor and is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
Plus, it’s super simple to make.
The key to making this dish really shine is in the honey mustard glaze.
Be sure to use good quality mustard for best results.
Then, add a touch of honey to balance out the sweetness.
Finally, throw in some fresh thyme leaves for an extra pop of flavor.
Trust us; you’ll want to put this glaze on everything.
When it comes to cooking pork chops, we recommend using bone-in chops for the best results.
They tend to be more flavorful and juicy.
Plus, they’re less likely to dry out during cooking.
Simply season the chops with salt and pepper, then cook in a hot pan until nicely browned on both sides.
Finish off in the oven until cooked through, then brush on the honey mustard glaze.
5. Brown Sugar Bourbon Pork Chops
This recipe for brown sugar bourbon pork chops is the perfect blend of sweet and savory.
The pork chops are first coated in a mixture of brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, and salt.
Then, they are grilled until slightly charred on the outside and cooked through.
The addition of bourbon to the glaze gives these pork chops a deep, rich flavor that is offset by the sweetness of the brown sugar.
If you’re looking for a new recipe to try this summer, this is it.
Here are some tips for making the perfect brown sugar bourbon pork chops:
- Be sure to use thick-cut pork chops so that they don’t dry out on the grill.
- Coat the pork chops in the spice rub evenly, using your hands to massage it into the meat.
- Allow the pork chops to marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
- When grilling, be sure to watch the temperature carefully so that the outside doesn’t get burnt while the inside remains raw.
6. Garlic Butter Baked Pork Chops
This recipe for garlic butter baked pork chops is the perfect weeknight meal.
It’s easy to make, and the pork chops are always tender and juicy.
The garlic butter gives them a delicious flavor, and the Parmesan cheese adds a nice touch of richness.
One of the best things about this recipe is that it’s so versatile.
You can use any type of pork chop you like, and the bake time will vary depending on the thickness of the chops.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy meal, try using thin-cut pork chops.
They’ll cook faster and won’t dry out as easily.
For the best flavor, be sure to use fresh garlic in this recipe.
And if you’re not a fan of Parmesan cheese, you can substitute another type of cheese or leave it out altogether.
Here are a few tips for making this dish:
- Be sure to season the pork chops well with salt and pepper before cooking.
- Preheat the oven so that the pork chops cook evenly.
- Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness; they should be cooked through but still juicy.
- Let the pork chops rest for a few minutes before serving so that the juices can redistribute.
7. Cranberry Apple Stuffed Pork Chops
This Cranberry Apple Stuffed Pork Chop recipe is a must-try.
The pork chops are tender and juicy, with a flavorful stuffing of apples and cranberries.
The dish is easy to make and can be served for any occasion.
The pork chops are first browned in a skillet, then baked in the oven until cooked through.
The stuffing is made with diced apples, fresh cranberries, bread crumbs, and spices.
It’s sweet and tart, with a hint of savory from the sage.
The stuffed pork chops are then baked in the oven until the stuffing is golden brown.
This recipe is perfect for fall but can be enjoyed year-round.
Serve it with mashed potatoes or roasted vegetables for a complete meal.
8. Smothered BBQ Pork Chops
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy recipe to try this summer, look no further than these smothered BBQ pork chops.
This dish is packed with flavor and is sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
The best part about it is that it’s so easy to make.
These pork chops are smothered in a mouth-watering BBQ sauce that is both sweet and tangy.
The pork chops are then grilled to perfection, giving them a slightly charred taste that is absolutely delicious.
Trust us; you’re going to want to make this recipe again and again.
Here are a few tips to ensure that your smothered BBQ pork chops turn out perfectly:
- Be sure to use boneless pork chops for this recipe. They will cook evenly and be much easier to eat.
- If you don’t have a grill, you can cook the pork chops in a skillet on the stovetop. Just be sure to cook them over medium heat so that they don’t dry out.
- To get that perfect char on the pork chops, make sure to preheat your grill before cooking.
9. Skillet Apple Cider Pork Chops
This recipe for skillet apple cider pork chops is the perfect dish to make when you’re looking for something that is both healthy and flavorful.
The pork chops are cooked in a mixture of apple cider and chicken broth, which gives them a delicious sweetness.
The addition of herbs and spices gives the dish an extra depth of flavor, while the apples provide a lovely crunch.
This recipe is a great option for those who are looking for a healthier alternative to traditional pork chops.
The apple cider and chicken broth help to keep the pork chops moist while also providing a boost of flavor.
The herbs and spices add an extra depth of flavor, while the apples provide a lovely crunch.
This dish can be served with mashed potatoes or rice and steamed vegetables.
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy recipe, then this skillet apple cider pork chop recipe is definitely one to try.
10. Baked Pork Chops with Apples and Onions
This recipe for baked pork chops with apples and onions is a great option for a healthy, flavorful meal.
The pork chops are baked in the oven, so they don’t require any extra oil or fat.
The apples and onions add sweetness and depth of flavor to the dish, while the rosemary and thyme provide a nice herbal aroma.
This dish is also relatively easy to prepare.
Simply season the pork chops with salt and pepper, then top with sliced apples and onions.
Bake in a preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until the pork chops are cooked through.
Here are a few tips for making this recipe:
- Be sure to use thick-cut pork chops for this dish. They will hold up better during baking and won’t dry out as easily.
- If you don’t have rosemary or thyme on hand, you can substitute other herbs like sage or oregano.
- Serve the baked pork chops with some steamed vegetables or a simple salad for a complete meal.
These are all great pork chop recipes that are not only healthy but also full of flavor.
I hope you found this post helpful in finding a new recipe to try.
Be sure to check out our other recipe posts for more great ideas.
And as always, let us know what you think in the comments below.
- 1. Grilled Pork Chops with Peach Salsa
- 2. Baked Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
- 3. Herb Roasted Pork Chops
- 4. Honey Mustard Glazed Pork Chops
- 5. Brown Sugar Bourbon Pork Chops
- 6. Garlic Butter Baked Pork Chops
- 7. Cranberry Apple Stuffed Pork Chops
- 8. Smothered BBQ Pork Chops
- 9. Skillet Apple Cider Pork Chops
- 10. Baked Pork Chops with Apples and Onions
- Select your favorite sides from the list above.
- Prepare the side dish according to the recipe instructions.
- If you're short on time, some of these can be made ahead of time and reheated before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!