Swiss chard is a delicious leafy green that is in season throughout the summer.
It has a taste and texture that can vary depending on the variety, but all of them are sure to star in your meal plan tonight.
Swiss chard can be cooked using a variety of methods, so we’ve put together 12 recipes that you are going to love.
Whether you are looking for a side dish, the main course, or even a full meal, Swiss chard is perfect for any occasion.
12 BEST & TASTY Swiss Chard Recipes You Should Try
1. Mediterranean Quinoa Salad With Swiss Chard
This Mediterranean quinoa salad is a perfect light and healthy meal.
It’s packed with nutritious ingredients like Swiss chard, quinoa, and olives, and it’s tossed in a delicious lemon dressing.
The salad has a great mix of textures and flavors, and it’s sure to leave you feeling satisfied.
If you’re looking for a new recipe to try tonight, this is it.
This salad is easy to make and can be easily customized to your liking.
You can add more or less of any ingredient, and you can swap out the Swiss chard for another leafy green if you prefer.
To make this dish even more flavorful, try roasting the Swiss chard before adding it to the salad.
Simply toss the chopped Swiss chard with some olive oil and salt, then roast in a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
The roasted Swiss chard will add a lovely smoky flavor to the dish.
2. Swiss Chard And Potato Soup
This Swiss chard and potato soup is the perfect comfort food for a chilly night.
The soup is packed with flavor, thanks to the garlic, onion, and smoked paprika.
The Swiss chard adds a beautiful color and a slight bitterness that pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the potatoes.
This soup is also hearty and filling, making it the perfect meal for a winter night.
The best part about this soup is that it is so easy to make.
The only thing that takes any time at all is chopping the vegetables.
Other than that, you just need to let the soup simmer until the potatoes are cooked through.
And if you’re really short on time, you can always use pre-chopped vegetables.
If you’re looking for a way to elevate this dish, consider serving it with some crusty bread or a grilled cheese sandwich.
You could also add some crumbled bacon on top.
Either way, you’re sure to enjoy this delicious soup.
3. Roasted Butternut Squash, Swiss Chard, And Goat Cheese Pizza
Looking for a new and exciting pizza recipe to try out? Why not give this Roasted Butternut Squash, Swiss Chard, and Goat Cheese Pizza a try? This unique combination of ingredients is sure to tantalize your taste buds.
The roasted butternut squash provides a lovely sweetness to the dish, while the Swiss chard gives it a slight bitterness, and the goat cheese adds a smooth creaminess.
Together, these flavors create an unforgettable pizza experience.
Not only does this pizza taste great, but it also has an amazing texture.
The crispy dough pairs perfectly with the soft and fluffy roasted squash and the slightly chewy Swiss chard.
And, of course, let’s not forget about the gooey and delicious goat cheese.
Every bite is simply heavenly.
If you’re looking for a new and interesting pizza recipe to try, then this Roasted Butternut Squash, Swiss Chard, and Goat Cheese Pizza are definitely one to consider.
It’s packed full of flavor and texture, and it’s sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
So go ahead and give it a try tonight.
4. Rainbow Veggie Egg Rolls With Spicy Sweet Chili Sauce
These rainbow veggie egg rolls are the perfect appetizer or main dish.
They’re packed with healthy vegetables and have a deliciously crispy texture.
Plus, they’re served with a sweet and spicy chili sauce that takes them to the next level.
The beauty of these egg rolls is in their simplicity.
The veggies provide a great crunch, while the sauce is sweet and sticky with just a hint of heat.
If you’re looking for something different than your usual egg roll recipe, this is it.
There are a few tips for making these egg rolls even better.
First, be sure to use fresh vegetables.
They’ll have more flavor and provide a better texture.
Second, don’t overcook the egg rolls.
You want them to be crispy, but not burnt.
Lastly, make sure the chili sauce is well-stirred before dipping.
5. Creamy Swiss Chard and Parmesan Risotto
This rich and creamy dish is the perfect comfort food for a cold winter night.
The Swiss chard is cooked until tender and then simmered in a parmesan and chicken broth risotto.
The result is a hearty and satisfying meal that will leave you feeling full and content.
The taste of this dish is savory and slightly bitter, with a creamy texture that is offset by the crunchy Parmesan cheese.
The Swiss chard provides a slight bitterness that helps to balance out the sweetness of the rice.
Overall, this dish is a great example of how simple ingredients can come together to create a complex and delicious flavor profile.
If you’re looking for a new recipe to try tonight, this creamy Swiss chard and Parmesan risotto is a great option.
It’s easy to make, packed with flavor, and sure to satisfy your hunger.
Plus, it’s a great way to get your daily dose of leafy greens.
Here are some tips for elevating this dish:
- Add some spice with a pinch of red pepper flakes or ground black pepper.
- Stir in some cooked shredded chicken or diced ham for extra protein.
- Top with crispy fried shallots or leeks for a bit of crunch.
6. Cheesy Baked Swiss Chard Leaves
These cheesy baked Swiss chard leaves are the perfect bite-sized snack or appetizer.
They’re packed with flavor and have a great texture.
Plus, they’re super easy to make.
If you’re looking for a new recipe to try, this is it.
These leaves have a great taste and a wonderful texture.
They’re also very easy to make.
Simply bake them in the oven with some cheese, and you’re good to go.
If you want to elevate this dish, consider adding some chopped bacon or crumbled feta cheese on top.
Either way, these leaves are sure to be a hit.
7. Swiss Chard And White Bean Gratin
This gratin is the perfect side dish for a winter meal.
It’s packed with flavor and nutrients, and it’s easy to make.
The taste is earthy and slightly sweet, and the texture is creamy and comforting.
There are many reasons to consider trying this recipe.
First, it’s healthy.
Swiss chard is a nutrient-rich leafy green, and white beans are a good source of protein and fiber.
This dish is also relatively low in calories, making it a great choice if you’re watching your weight.
Second, it’s easy to make.
You can easily find all of the ingredients at your local grocery store, and the dish comes together quickly.
There’s no need to spend hours in the kitchen preparing this gratin.
- Add some freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top before serving.
- Swap out the white beans for another type of beans, such as black beans or kidney beans.
- Stir in some diced cooked chicken or turkey for an extra boost of protein.
8. Swiss Chard Enchiladas With Red Sauce
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy way to incorporate Swiss chard into your diet, look no further than these Swiss chard enchiladas with red sauce.
This dish is packed with flavor, and the addition of Swiss chard gives it a nice nutritional boost.
The best part is that it’s easy to make and can be tailored to your taste.
The first thing you’ll notice about this dish is the rich flavor of the red sauce.
It’s made with a blend of tomatoes, onions, garlic, and chili peppers, so it has a nice depth of flavor.
The Swiss chard is cooked in the sauce, so it takes on all of those delicious flavors.
The result is a dish that is both flavorful and healthy.
The texture of this dish is also worth mentioning.
The Swiss chard leaves are soft and tender, but they still have a bit of bite to them.
This contrasts nicely with the tortillas, which are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
Every bite is a joy to eat.
There are many reasons to try this recipe, but the flavor and texture are two of the most important.
If you’re looking for a new and exciting way to enjoy Swiss chard, this dish is definitely worth trying.
And if you want to make it even better, here are some tips:
- Add some chopped onion or garlic to the filling for extra flavor.
- Top the enchiladas with shredded cheese or sour cream for extra richness.
- Serve them with a side of rice or beans for a complete meal.
9. Swiss Chard, Bacon and Gruyere Tart
This Swiss chard recipe is the perfect way to show off the beautiful greens in your garden.
The tart is filled with a creamy Gruyere cheese and bacon filling, and it’s topped with thinly sliced rounds of Swiss chard.
The result is a beautiful, flavorful dish that’s perfect for a special occasion.
The taste and texture of this tart are amazing.
The Swiss chard is slightly bitter, but it pairs perfectly with the creamy Gruyere filling.
The bacon adds a nice salty flavor, and the whole thing is held together by a flaky pastry crust.
It’s truly a heavenly combination.
If you’re looking for a show-stopping recipe to impress your guests, this is it.
The Swiss chard provides a beautiful backdrop for the filling, and the flavors all come together perfectly.
Plus, it’s actually quite easy to make.
Just be sure to give yourself enough time to let the crust cool completely before adding the filling.
Otherwise, you’ll end up with a soggy mess.
- Use high-quality Gruyere cheese. It will make a big difference in the flavor of the tart.
- If you can’t find Swiss chard, you can use other greens like kale or spinach. Just be sure to cook them first, so they’re nice and wilted.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with other fillings. Goat cheese would be delicious in this tart, or you could add some sauteed mushrooms for an earthy twist.
10. Swiss Chard, Potato And Feta Frittata
Do you love frittatas? They’re so versatile and easily adaptable to whatever you have on hand.
This Swiss chard, potato, and feta frittata is a delicious option that will leave you feeling satisfied.
And it’s healthy, too.
The combination of flavors in this dish is really wonderful.
The slightly bitter taste of the Swiss chard is offset by the creamy feta cheese and potatoes.
The texture is also great – the potatoes add a bit of heft and substance, while the Swiss chard remains nice and crispy.
There are so many reasons to try this recipe.
It’s healthy, flavorful, and can be made ahead of time.
Plus, it’s a great way to use up any leftover Swiss chard you might have.
If you’re looking for a new breakfast or brunch dish to try, this is it.
- Be sure to remove as much liquid from the Swiss chard as possible before adding it to the egg mixture. Otherwise, your frittata will be watery.
- If you’re not a fan of feta cheese, feel free to substitute another type of cheese – goat cheese would be lovely in this dish.
- I like to serve my frittatas with a simple green salad on the side.
11. Creamed Swiss Chard
Looking for a new side dish to try tonight? Why not give creamed Swiss chard a chance? This leafy green vegetable has a slightly sweet taste and a creamy texture that makes it the perfect accompaniment to any main course.
If you’re not used to cooking with Swiss chard, don’t worry – it’s actually very easy to work with.
Simply sauté the leaves in a bit of olive oil until they’re wilted, then add some cream and seasonings to taste.
You can also add other ingredients like garlic or Parmesan cheese to elevate the dish.
- Use fresh leaves for the best flavor. If you can’t find fresh Swiss chard, you can use frozen leaves instead. Just be sure to thaw them completely before cooking.
- Cook the Swiss chard until it’s tender but not mushy. Overcooked Swiss chard will lose its bright green color and become limp and lifeless.
- Use heavy cream or half-and-half for a richer flavor. Milk will make the dish lighter but won’t have as much flavor.
12. Stuffed Swiss Chard Leaves With Quinoa, Cranberries, And Feta Cheese
These stuffed Swiss chard leaves are the perfect combination of sweet and savory.
The quinoa, cranberries, and feta cheese all work together perfectly to create a dish that is both flavorful and satisfying.
The best part about this recipe is that it is so easy to make.
All you need to do is stuff the leaves with the filling and bake them in the oven.
The taste and texture of this dish are really amazing.
The Swiss chard leaves are slightly bitter, but they balance out the sweetness of the cranberries and the saltiness of the feta cheese.
The quinoa adds a nice crunch to the dish, while the cranberries provide a burst of sweetness.
Overall, this dish is incredibly flavorful and satisfying.
- Add some chopped nuts to the filling for extra crunch.
- Swap out the quinoa for brown rice or another grain of your choice.
- Use goat cheese instead of feta for a different flavor profile.
In conclusion, I have provided 12 delicious Swiss chard recipes for you to try tonight.
Swiss chard is a healthy and versatile leafy green that can be used in a variety of recipes.
Whether you are looking for a hearty main dish or a light side dish, these recipes are sure to please.
Swiss chard is a nutritious and delicious addition to any meal.
Give these recipes a try, and let us know what you think.
- 1. Mediterranean Quinoa Salad With Swiss Chard
- 2. Swiss Chard And Potato Soup
- 3. Roasted Butternut Squash, Swiss Chard, And Goat Cheese Pizza
- 4. Rainbow Veggie Egg Rolls With Spicy Sweet Chili Sauce
- 5. Creamy Swiss Chard and Parmesan Risotto
- 6. Cheesy Baked Swiss Chard Leaves
- 7. Swiss Chard And White Bean Gratin
- 8. Swiss Chard Enchiladas With Red Sauce
- 9. Swiss Chard, Bacon and Gruyere Tart
- 10. Swiss Chard, Potato And Feta Frittata
- 11. Creamed Swiss Chard
- 12. Stuffed Swiss Chard Leaves With Quinoa, Cranberries, And Feta Cheese
- Select your favorite sides from the list above.
- Prepare the side dish according to the recipe instructions.
- If you're short on time, some of these can be made ahead of time and reheated before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!