FoodDC.org (“us,” “we,” or “our”) operates the FoodDC.org website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service.
We believe in being transparent about our ethical guidelines. The policies below are meant to ensure that all of our content is trustworthy, objective, and independent.
- We will never accept payment in exchange for positive reviews or coverage. All of our reviews and articles are objective and honest.
- We avoid conflicts of interest whenever possible. If we do have a conflict of interest, we will disclose it.
- We will always disclose any affiliate relationships we have with businesses that we write about.
- We avoid using language that could be interpreted as biased or promotional.
- We strive to be accurate and fair in all of our content. If we make a mistake, we will correct it as soon as possible.
User Comments and Feedback Policy
We love hearing from our readers! However, any comments or feedback that you submit to us (whether through our website, social media channels, or any other means) becomes our property, and we may use it in any way that we see fit without compensating you in any way.
- Our website is not meant for children under the age of thirteen. If you are under 13, please do not use our site or give us any personal information.
2. Use of the Sites
The Sites are available for your personal, non-commercial use only. You may not use the Sites for any other purpose without our express written consent. For example, and without limitation, you may not use the Sites:
- In any way that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Sites or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Sites;
- For purposes of competitive analysis, benchmarking, or similar purposes;
- The Sites may contain links to other websites or resources that are not owned or controlled by us. We are not responsible for and do not endorse such external sites or resources. Your use of any external site or resource is at your own risk.
- You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of any such external sites or resources and that we do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused by your use of or reliance on any such content, advertising, products, or other materials available on or through any such external site or resource.
3. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
THE SITES AND ALL INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE), AND/ OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SITES ARE PROVIDED BY FOODDC.ORG ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE SITES OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE), AND/ OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SITES, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITES, INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE), AND/ OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SITES, THEIR SERVERS, OR EMAIL SENT FROM FOODDC.ORG ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF ANY PRODUCTS, INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE), AND/ OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SITES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING.
Last Updated: September 2022
5. Reliance on Information on Site
The information presented on or through the Sites is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Sites or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This site may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers, third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators, and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content other than the content provided by us, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect our opinion.
We are not responsible or liable to you or any third party for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
6. Prohibited Uses of the Site
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation.
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter,” “spam,” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate us, our employees, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Sites, or which, as determined by us, may harm FoodDC.org or users of the Sites or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Sites in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Sites or interfere with any other party’s use of the Sites, including their ability to engage in real-time activities through the Sites.
- Use any robot, spider, or another automatic device, process or means to access the Sites for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Sites.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Sites or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Sites.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Sites, the server on which the Sites are stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Sites.
- Attack the Sites via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise, attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Sites.
- FoodDC.org has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by FoodDC.org of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
7. Your Indemnification of Us
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless FoodDC.org and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from:
Your use of and access to the Sites;
Your violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right;
8. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER
THE SITE AND ALL INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, SOFTWARE, FACILITIES, SERVICES, AND OTHER ELEMENTS PROVIDED ON THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE”. FOODDC.ORG MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, SOFTWARE, FACILITIES, SERVICES, OR OTHER ELEMENTS PROVIDED ON THE SITE, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, FOODDC.ORG DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. FOODDC.ORG DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE, INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, SOFTWARE, FACILITIES, SERVICES, OR OTHER ELEMENTS PROVIDED ON THE SITE ARE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, OR CORRECT; THAT THE SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE SITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
9. Third-Party Links, Advertisements, Websites, and Content
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on the Sites, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that FoodDC.org will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of Third Party Content or Third Party Advertising on the Sites.
If you choose to access a third-party website linked from a Site, you do so entirely at your own risk. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy policies of each website that you visit.
In some instances, we may permit you to submit, post, or otherwise make available content, materials, or information on the Sites (“User Content”). By making User Content available on the Sites, you represent and warrant that: (i) you are the sole owner of all User Content or you have all rights, licenses, consents and releases necessary to grant FoodDC.org the license to the User Content as set forth below; (ii) neither the User Content nor your posting, uploading, publication, submission or transmittal of the User Content or FoodDC.org’s use of the User Content (or any portion thereof) on, through or by means of the Sites will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other proprietary or intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (iii) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; (iv) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties; and (v) you will not use the Sites for any illegal or unauthorized purpose.
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or other information regarding the Sites (“Submissions”) provided by you to FoodDC.org are non-confidential, and FoodDC.org shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
10. Entire Agreement/Severability
11. DMCA Policy
FoodDC.org respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects users of the Sites to do the same. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law and are properly provided to us as described in this Copyright Policy.
If you believe that your content has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf
- An identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works.
- An identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and an email address
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner
FoodDC.org’s designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is: FoodDC.org Copyright Agent
- [email protected]
- (312) 555-1234
You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Copyright Policy, your DMCA notice may not be valid.
How to Contact Us
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the site should be directed to: [email protected]
1. What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
2.1 Third Party Cookies
2.2 Managing Cookies
You can manage cookies through your web browser’s settings. The ‘help’ function within your browser should tell you how, or you could visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/. Please note that currently, FoodDC.org does not respond to web browser “Do Not Track” signals.
2.3 Cookies Used by FoodDC.org
The following table sets forth more detail regarding the cookies that FoodDC.org uses on the site and the purposes for which they are used.
Cookie | Purpose
- `_ga` | These help us count how many people visit our website by tracking if you’ve visited before
- `_gid` | These help us count how many people visit our website by tracking if you’ve visited before
- `_gat` | Used to manage the rate at which page view requests are made
Cookie | Purpose
- `NID` | Google uses these cookies to help customize ads on Google properties, like Google Search. For example, we use such cookies to remember your most recent searches, your previous interactions with an advertiser’s ads or search results, and your visits to an advertiser’s website. This helps us tailor our ads so that they are more relevant to you.
- `SID` | Google uses these cookies to collect and report information on how you use YouTube. For example, these cookies are used to collect data about the videos you have watched and the ads you have seen.
- `CONSENT` | Google uses these cookies to store your preferences and information when you visit web pages that use Google advertising services or watch YouTube videos.
2.4 Embedded Content and Links to Other Sites
Our website may include embedded content (e.g., videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if you visited the other website.
Our website may also contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control over how your data is collected, stored, or used by other websites, and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
The following advertising guidelines (the “Guidelines”) are designed to help you, as an advertiser or agency, prepare advertisements (each an “Advertisement”) for display on the Services.
Please note that these Guidelines are subject to change at any time, and FoodDC.org reserves the right to reject or remove any Advertisement for any reason at our sole and absolute discretion.
All Advertisements must comply with the terms of these Guidelines, the Terms of Service, and all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations. In the event of a conflict between these Guidelines and the Terms of Service, these Guidelines will govern solely with respect to issues related to Advertisements. For clarity, these Guidelines do not modify or supersede the Terms of Service in any way.
Capitalized terms used but not defined herein shall have the meanings ascribed to them in terms of Service.